Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 2

So today we went to Mount Bental where we can see the Hermon peak and believe or not there is still snow on top of the Hermon mountain peak. At the mountain we traveled through the Israeli built bunkers and it felt surreal! The tunnels were just like the movie Boufor. On the mountain peak, we saw Pereg flowers, the plants where Opium is extracted from. I just love that movie!!!!!

Then we went walking in the Jordan River!! It was the time of my life! Sometimes the water was up to our ankles then it would go all the way up to our necks and our guard was walking through the river with his gun above his head to protect us. Then we got into rafts and rafted into bushes trying to get top the end of the river. It was very fun even though our boat was flooded with water. After the Jordan we headed back to prepare for Shabbat. It felt very different and special having Shabbat in Israel. I love this country and it just makes me feel so great inside, I feel so connected to my Jewish roots.

Alyson Belgraier UD '12

Rotem Naftalovich RU '09

No comments:

Post a Comment